A.F. Wendling's Foodservice - Staunton Division is seeking additional professional experienced drivers to join its team of customer-focused delivery experts. The ideal candidate will be highly precise with strong attention to detail; patient and conscientious; follow established processes and procedures without modification; work at a steady pace; physically able to unload a truck and have an excellent customer service focus.
Applicants must be at least 21 years old and possess a CDL-A or CDL-B with a clean driving record. Driver hours are Monday through Friday and vary from route to route. Minimum education requirement is High School graduate.
Competitive pay (with a $2,000 sign-on bonus). Great benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and 401K plan. Mandatory drug testing and background checks are performed on all new hires.
Successful candidates will perform all duties of a delivery driver to include the following;
- Drive a tractor/trailer to deliver goods to customers.
- Complete driver route and temperature check sheets.
- Obtain customer signatures upon delivery of goods.
- Initial all signed invoices.
- Follow company policy as it pertains to credits, collections.
- Maintain high level of customer service.
- Load and unload truck at customer locations.
- Report problems to office immediately, including incorrect shipments, shortages, damages to product or equipment and any other adjustments to invoices.
- Stays informed of and adhere to all DOT requirements.
- Strive to meet delivery commitments.
- Maintain C.D.L. qualification with a minimum of a Class B license, Class A preferred
- Make product pickups (backhauls).
- Fuel trucks and trailers per policy.
- Keep equipment in clean and orderly condition during and after each use.
Must be able to multi-task effectively,be attentive to accuracy and detail, use basic arithmetic calculations, work calmly under pressure, communicate, both written and verbally, with other departments, employees and customers, perform other duties as assigned or directed and maintain appropriate dress, personal hygiene and grooming.
Ability to perform repetitive, manual material handling without restriction requiring (but not limited to) the following physical abilities: kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and grasping up to 80 lbs. frequently; pushing, pulling, and grasping up to 100 lbs. occasionally. Must demonstrate the strength and aerobic capacity required for the above-mentioned work. Delivery environment: routinely exposed to temperature variations and moderate noise levels.